Saturday, September 12, 2009

Rock Week Saturday

I love interesting architecture especially with carved columns and capitals- with the human touches. I'm also intrigued by how a lot of modern buildings are nothing more than styrofoam with a cement veneer stripped of all humanity. Guaranteed to last about a week and a half. The Ancient treasures of architecture are all stone- some in good repair, some crumbling back to the dust they were born from. The hands that built them and that have touched them for the past centuries must have left their energies in the stones. The stones in my pocket have absorbed me and I have absorbed their energies with lots and lots of touches.

1 comment:

  1. A good point-modern builders could certainly learn a thing or two. Thanks to you and Graciel for having the idea of rock week-I really enjoyed it!

    ReplyDelete