Monday, September 7, 2009

Inspire Me Mondays 11 Rock Week

The rock in the top center is with it's portraits of where I found it, Muir Beach, California. Undoubtedly someone placed it on the larger rock shortly before I found it, the wave action would have knocked it off long ago. This is one of my very favorite rocks. It reminds me of special friends and one of the best trips I've ever been on. More of that trip tomorrow.
Once upon a time a friend told me a story about an acquaintance. She would go for walks with people when she first met them and casually pick up an interesting rock and hand it to them. She used the rock to help read people. If they dropped the rock they probably didn't match her interests but, if they slipped it in their pocket then they did. Match.com probably think of this one.
Rocks, the building blocks of the planet, will be around far beyond romance and sentiment. They've seen it all before, the world goes on around them, the rise, the fall- even as they are being ground away to sand, new ones are being created.
Do rocks have souls & love lives?

1 comment:

  1. Hi Don,
    I love that story, and the fact that you took a portrait of the rock in its original location! I don't know about love lives and souls-a lovely imaginative thought, but they do feel special when you pick them up so they do have life of a sort.
    I look forward to tomorrow's story!

    ReplyDelete