Monday, July 20, 2009

Inspire Me Mondays 6 -Sort of..

I took a trip to the home planet, Vulcan, this weekend. This is where I grew up. It's kind of like alcohol- warm yet burns as you swallow it, changes your perceptions and very bad for me. In my family, we are all smarty pants, judgy and obviously right about everything. That's on a good day. And we're not really all that f-ed up on the scale and yet we are in our own special ways. As the kids we get the double dose - Mom's insecurities,martyrdom and stubborness and Poopdeck's know-it-all stubbornness. Ah yes, Dad's nickname is Poopdeck from Poopdeck Pappy, Popeye's father. Happened after I left the nest.
I really got alot of great things from both of them. This weekend however, magnified the bad parts of my Poopdeckishness and my Momishness & I really didn't like it. So the inspire me is the left handed sort, to try and actively change more of the actions & attitudes that I've grown up with and change my ways of thinking. I did move 5 1/2 hours away for a reason. I know they can't/won't change, I need to better learn how not to get caught up in their struggles when I'm there. After all Vulcan is a nice place to visit, I just don't live there anymore.

2 comments:

  1. The needs of the one outweigh the needs of the many, I have complete faith you will prevail. Live long and prosper!

    ReplyDelete