Sunday, June 28, 2009

Inspire me Monday 3



This little beauty was given last rites. Literally thrown in the trash and given to me by a friend. A customer had returned this- it's leaves as wrinkly as green elephants knees and seemingly no hope. And yet a year later this. My friend knows I have a particular brand of benign neglect that plants respond to. She can see beyond the immediate illusions and see the hidden potential. Look for it. In Things, In Friends, In Family, don't give up on them especially when they're counted out, or don't do things the way others expect. Harsh criticism won't do a thing. Try an I've been there and this worked for me. You can only speak from what you know. Or I don't know, but I'll be glad to make the journey with you. If you're one artist to another try a nudge in a different but related vein. Growing friends and family really isn't that hard, it's just a matter of caring and give and take. Why is love the easiest and most difficult thing to give?

1 comment:

  1. God bless the trash orchid. And your ability to see the hidden goodness from so many angles.

    much love. :)

    ReplyDelete